Friday 16 August 2013

Jobless and Homeless. It can't get worse.

I guess a short introduction is in order.

I'm usually known as ScubaAngel, scoobs, or psychotic dwarf (to one or two very good friends who have no idea how lucky they are to still be alive..) I've lurked on and around MSE, arrse and RP over the last few years and am taking something of a leap in actively linking my personas from the latter to with my more sensible MSE face!

I've just moved from the South East where for the last three years I've been working at the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst (aka RMAS). I moved down here from my family home up on the moors north of Bolton to be with my new ex boyfriend. For the last 12 months I've been living alone in a small and slightly grotty flat which has quite frankly stretched my finances to their limits.

This morning I turned in my security passes, packed up the remainder of my possessions and drove the 240 miles from RMAS up to my Dad's house, where for the last month the contents of my former flat have been finding themselves new places to live between my parents homes!

The post title of jobless and homeless is I guess slightly inaccurate since I do have a home with my Dad for as long as I want it but at 28 I am far too old to live with my Dad for any length of time without us killing one another. The jobless part is perhaps slightly misleading too as though I no longer have a PAYEE employer I am self employed doing mainly mystery shopping work which I am hoping I can use to keep myself financially stable whilst I look for a full time job to enable me to get out and in to my own home again.

Later posts will disclose the extent of my debt and my ultimate plan to get it cleared and ideally start saving but it all feels a bit scary tonight so instead I'm going to settle in to my bed and try to get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment